Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Words I Learned

Over my weekend at the beach, I learned some delightful new vocabulary such as biscuit hips and saggits all thanks to Urban Dictionary. One of my favorite words and apparently one of my favorite recreational activities is dinner whore.

Dinner whore - A girl who is exclusively after a free meal
or an expensive gift. She actively seeks out dates with
well-off men who will wine and dine her at upscale restaurants.
She is usually physically attractive enough to make the man fall
for her feminine wiles. She will rarely have sex with these men,
until they spend a certain number of dollars on her. Nobody
knows exactly what that number is, so the man keeps spending
and spending, while the dinner whore keeps living it up.

When my friends Kiah and Stacy said that word and said it was me, I had to agree with them. My motto has always been “A girls gotta eat!” I have been known on occasion to go out on “dates” with guys for some grub. Is it my fault that these suckers, I mean gentlemen, want to take me out for a nice dinner? Can’t we just be enjoying each other’s company? Does that make me a dinner whore? Not sure I know the answer to that question.

I like to eat, I enjoy good food, and since I don’t usually cook dinner for myself, I tend to eat out a lot. I also enjoy eating out with other people and sometimes its dinner with the opposite sex. And sometimes the person I am having dinner with offers to pay for me. I try to force my credit card on the bill, but most times, the card is denied and is safely tucked back into my wallet. Ehh, what are you going to do?

But that is why I started to take cooking lessons, so that I won’t have to whore myself out anymore. And I even attempted to cook last night. I made the fish dish, and it turned out decent. Not as good as it was in class, but it was edible. I still believe it took way too much time and effort and clean up for one person. So maybe I won’t hang up my dinner whore ways just yet.

No comments: