Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Damn Ducks!

For those of you who miss me telling stories about my Mother, I have a new one for you. I was over at my parent’s house for dinner cause my Mother kept bugging me to come over. She called me at work today asking if I was going to come over to see my Baby. My dog Bear (whom I love to pieces, I could hug him and squeeze and love him to death – settle down there Lenny) had cut his paw the other day and was limping around because of it. He’s so whiny and such a drama queen. Anyhoo, off on a tangent.


We have a pool in our backyard and earlier this summer we had two ducks that would come chill in our pool and backyard. It was a couple. They’d take a morning dip in the pool, then an afternoon nap in the sun on the edge of the pool. After they woke up from their nap, they’d waddle over to the bird feeder and feast on dinner. My Mom loves those damn birds. She’d worry about them if they didn’t show up one day and then she’d worry about them if they stayed too long at our place.




So the ducks haven’t showed up in awhile. Maybe they found a new pool to hang out in, or maybe they realized that our pool isn’t filled with dirty mucky water and has no fish or whatever the hell ducks eat and went to a real pond. Who knows? My Mom has finally stopped worrying about them until I made the mistake of asking about them. My Dad told her that the ducks have flown south for the summer and that they’ll be back next year. But in typical Dad fashion, he also said that if they don’t come back next year they are probably dead cause a hunter shot them. Seriously, no joke. I was on the ground laughing so hard when she told me this. I’m actually crying right now as I write this, and I can’t breathe cause I’m laughing so hard. Why on the earth my Dad would say this to my Mom, I have no clue. But I just found it so funny that he would tell her that, and now she’s worried cause I laughed so hard about it. It reminds me of something I would tell a child to see what kind of reaction I would get out of them. My poor Mom, I hope she doesn’t think about this all night.

When I have more Mom stories, I will continue to post them.

No comments: