Monday, August 21, 2006

Favorite Beach Memories

Since I am too lazy to write about my weekend in Ocean Shitty, I thought I would write down my favorite memories of the beach in no particular order.

  • Funnel Cake
  • Getting my tattoo during beach week with my bestfriend Christa. We both got ours on our ankle and she was supposed to get a turtle while I got a butterfly, but when we were looking at sketches, we ended up switching. So no, I did not get a turtle tattoo cause I went to the University of Maryland. FEAR THE TURTLE!
  • The summer I lived at the beach, my roommates and the guys who lived in front of us went jacuzzi hopping. We broke into various hotels at the beach and hung out in their jacuzzi's. My favorite was at the Princess Royale cause theirs was on a deck facing the beach, and we were there until 6am and the morning staff came to start their day, and we're just chilling in there. I think they thought that we were guest cause they didn't say anything to us. Eventually we got out and walked out of the gate that we had jimmyed open. It was so money.
  • Playing the card game Asshole, where I had to wear a an empty beer case on my head like a mask cause I was the asshole. And after we all were completely wasted we decided to go drunk swimming. It was the perfect night, not too hot, not too cold, and later on that night I hooked up with my bestfriend's older brother whom I was madly in love with at the time. We continued to hook up throughout that summer.
  • The first night my bestfriend Lisa's parents let us got to OceanCity at night by ourselves without their supervision. I think we were 13 or 14, and I think all we did was hang out at the boardwalk and then found her older brothers and hung out with them the majority of the night.
  • Shopping at the outlets in Rehoboth.
  • Waiting in line at midnight for the Endless Summer Sale. That's when I thought wearing boys surfer shirts was cool. So sad.
  • Climbing the sand dunes in Nagshead, NC.
  • The day Christa and I decided that the minute we get up we would start drinking till we couldn't drink anymore. I can't remember how long we lasted, but we did drink all day.
  • The time we got Lisa to smoke (she doesn't smoke) to get rid of the smell of something dying in our apartment. We woke up one morning and our place smelled like someone threw up all over it, but when we searched we couldn't find anything, and the smell wouldn't go away. Finally we couldn't take it anymore, so we all bought packs of cigarettes and started smoking inside to mask the smell of death. I even have a picture of Lisa smoking.
  • All the beach volleyball tournaments that Lisa and I went to. It was a weekend of staring at hot and sweat gorgeous beach volleyball guys. I was in complete heaven.
  • Sharing the back bedroom with Lisa's older brothers. Again, I was in heaven.
  • The time we had a party at Lisa's beach trailer and Kristen broke the window and we told her parents that I shanked the volleyball which proceeded to break the window. Her parents never found out that we had a party.
  • The time I finally learned how to inhale properly.
  • My roommate Tina having Christa's sloopy seconds.
  • Beating all the boys in Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, and all because I was a button pusher. I even beat Anthony in a tournament laying on the couch upside down. He was so pissed.
  • I wasn't there for this one, but I've heard the story so often I feel like I was there. Mark puking off the balcony while Steve yelled Spaghetti.
  • All the car rides down to the beach with Lisa and her family.
  • Learning how to play spades and Lisa getting angry at me cause I didn't fully understand the point of the game so that we always lost to her brother. I understand it now!
  • Hating the game Chinese Checkers cause Lisa would kick my ass. You'd think with me being Asian that I would whoop her.
  • Just spending hours playing in the water and spending the entire day at the beach.

No comments: