Monday, August 14, 2006

I got the case of the Mondays

I know people complain about Mondays all the time, but I truly hate them. There is nothing great about them. Mondays mean going back to work to your stack of papers in your inbox, to answering e-mails from either your co-workers or clients that you just don’t care to answer, to meetings, to conference calls that you forgot you had. And as much progress you make on your things to do list, shit just keeps getting added to it so that it seems never ending.

My Monday started off with me getting up late even though I’m trying to get to work on time. Since I got up late, it meant that I did not have time to make myself lunch even though I’m trying my bestest to save money and bring lunch to work everyday this week. I woke up in a bad mood cause I never got over my bad mood before I went to bed last night. It didn’t help that I had weird dreams all night some even involving death and mayhem. One dream involved false hope, which is probably worse than death and destruction.

Sitting down at my desk, my headache comes rushing at me like a tidal wave. I can feel the tension forming behind my eyes, and there is this constant buzzing like a fly in my ear. And of course I had scheduled a conference call first thing that morning. And of course I have to act like I give a shit about what I’m talking about and be nice and friendly. But I did get him to agree that he’d be sending a purchase order by the end of this week, which will propel my numbers up.

After that conference call, I don’t think I talked to anyone till lunchtime. I was highly agitated and all I wanted to do was throw my computer against the wall. I was in a very bad mood, and I knew exactly why I was in my bad mood (which I won’t get into), which made it even worse. I hate knowing what the root of the problem is, but not being able to do a damn thing about it. Or knowing what to do, but you can’t change your way of thinking. My problem is that I over think everything. And that over thinking causes you to dwell way too much on things that you shouldn’t.

To top off my day, my roommate calls me to tell me that our AC is leaking water again into our linen closet. This pisses me off extremely cause the linen closet is my 2nd closet, and this is the 3rd time this has happened to me. And I was just putting away clean laundry yesterday and the damn thing wasn’t leaking. So now all my clean clothes are dirty. And to piss me off even more, my roommate goes to the leasing office, and the asshole leasing guy has the nerve to say that this won’t get fixed tonight cause the office is about to close and its not an emergency. Umm, sorry fucker, but leaking water is considered an emergency. Since this man is absolutely useless, I call the emergency number and someone calls me back to tell me that they will be over later on that evening to fix it. I seriously hate that prick and am calling the leasing manager tomorrow to complain about him. What a dickwad!

I seriously hate Mondays! Tomorrow will be a better day, or else I'm going over to the leasing office and stabbing that guy in the eye.

No comments: