Sunday, August 19, 2007

Farewell RockStar!

My dear friend Kiah is shaking things up and moving to the West Coast. She leaves this Monday and will be driving cross country, stoping along the way to visit various cities and friends. I'm so sad to see her go, but am so excited for her because I know this is what she has wanted to do for some time and am proud of her decision to follow through.

Kiah and I became friends while working as part-time promotions assistants for HOT 99.5. We had so much fun going to concerts, movie premieres, and clubs. Eventually both of us secured full-time positions within the company.

Throughout our 3+ years of friendship, I can say that Kiah is one of my favorite people in the world. Anytime we hang out together we always have a blast filled with laughter and great conversation. She has introduced me to such things as Dane Cook, The Junkies, and had tried to increase my appreciation of music that isn't bubble gum pop. We have shared a love of Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke and great food and wine. I have tried to impart on her my obsessions with Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. (We never did have our Lord of the Rings movie marathon)

I am truly going to miss Kiah and our adventures at Ocean Shitty, White Water Rafting, our birthday celebrations and random parties. I am going to miss Kiah's laid back, care free attitude, honest opinions and zeal for life. Luckily for me, she is moving to the Bay Area where my brother also lives so I can visit them both. So its not goodbye, just farewell for now. And I promise to see you soon.

Enjoy the photo montage that I created for Ms. Jones.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Omg... first you and then Stephen! I wasn't going to cry... damnit.

Thanks Kim. That was really nice of you. I'm going to miss you too... lots and lots. But I'm confident enough in our friendship to know that distance won't change things... next time I talk to you, it'll be like I saw you yesterday... and that's a good thing.

Love ya! See ya soon.