Thursday, August 30, 2007

My Sad Little Top 25

I’m still been in a funk ever since my bad news from last week. I’m trying my hardest to not let all the negative emotions get the best of me and remain positive throughout all of this. It just blows because I should be closing tomorrow if everything went according to plan. But I am meeting with my realtor tomorrow to start the whole process all over again. I know the situation isn’t hopeless and that I will find a place that I love as much as the last place. It just wasn’t meant to be (although I feel like shit like this has been happening a lot lately to me).

Instead of writing about how woe is me and indulging in a pity party, I am giving you my top 25 songs played on my iTunes. I never really noticed that feature on my iTunes until the other night and out of curiosity clicked to see what songs I choose to play over and over again. Mind you I am the biggest teenybopper I know, so please don’t make fun of me as you read this.

25) Ain’t It Funny – Jennifer Lopez featuring Ja Rule
Hahaha, I never realized how much I love this song until I saw it on my list. Its got a great beat that you can shake your booty to, and I love that she’s singing about a stupid boy who realized too late that he wanted her, but now can’t have her. Sweet revenge.

24) Water Runs Dry – Boyz II Men
Man, this song brings me back to high school and college with my first serious relationship. I was trying so hard to salvage it and this song spoke volumes to me. I didn’t want the water to run dry on our relationship and stayed with him for much longer than I should have. Its so funny how caught up you can get in a relationship.

23) I Gotta Be – Jagged Edge
I’m such a sucker for sappy love songs. My favorite line in this song is “Don’t want to make a scene/I really don’t care if the people stare at us/Sometimes I think I’m dreamin.” Actually I love the entire song.

22) Girlfriend – NSYNC featuring Nelly
The first of many NSYNC songs, I’m sure. I think this may be their first cross over song of NSYNC’s showing their growing popularity and street cred (Did I really just write that?). This was pre Lance Bass coming out and Justin Timberlake embarking on a very successful solo career. But I still heart JC.

21) Free – Mya
Such a girl anthem; this song is all about being single and free and not needing no man to make you happy. I always play this song before I’m going out to get me all hyper and pumped for the evening.

20) Open Arms – Journey
I’m actually surprised that this song is in my top 25. Out of all the Journey song’s, I would assume that Don’t Stop Believing would be on here. Strange.

19) Build My World – JC Chasez
Out of all the NYSNCers I believe that JC has the best voice. Granted, Justin has his falsetto, but it can grate on my nerves if he sings too long with it. Another sappy romantic love song and really shows the range in JC’s voice.

18) Holla Back Girl – Gwen Stefani
Again, another surprise song on my list. I never realized I played this song so much. I used to ridicule it so much when it first came out. It does have a good beat and is a great song to run to, so perhaps that’s why its so high on my list.

17) Closer – Goapele
This song is off the Honey soundtrack. Its got a nice, smooth, slow jazzy beat. I remember going to the premiere of this movie and dancing in the parking lot with my girls Shama and Kiah. We wanted to come up with a dance routine for our upcoming Jingle Ball. Good times.

16) Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know – Britney Spears
Classic Britney before she became the train wreck that she is now. This is before the head-shaving, before her two failed marriages, hell this is even before she was with a Mr. Timberlake. Favorite line, “Your body language says so much/I see it in the way we touch.”

15) Miss You – Aaliyah
She died way too soon. She was at the pinnacle of her career when her plane crashed. I bet if she were still alive today, she would be producing great music. This song is for any ex-boyfriend I have ever missed.

14) I Thought She Knew – NSYNC
Second NSYNC song. Again, surprised this one is so high, since its not one of my favorites. Maybe I just like the vocals?

13) I Wanna Be Bad – Willa Ford
I’m embarrassed that this is even on my iTunes. But I obviously like this song. Whatever happened to her?

12) Nice And Slow – Usher
This is such a great before sex song. It gets you right in the mood for some good loving. Enough said.

11) Shiver – Maroon 5
One of my favorite Maroon 5 songs. It’s about going after someone that’s unattainable, and doing anything necessary to get that person. You’re so infatuated with that person that the mere thought of them makes you shiver. My favorite verse “I shudder when I hear your name/I think about you/but its not the same/Won’t be satisfied till I’m under your skin

10) Some Girls(Dance With Women) – JC Chasez
This was his first single off his debut solo album. I like dancing to it and imagining him watching me (Pervy much?)

9) Boys – Britney Spears
And she makes the countdown a second time. This used to be my ring tone, that’s how much I loved this song. Sometimes a girl just needs a boy to play with.

8) Iris – Goo Goo Dolls
Sappy romantic love song. Whenever I’m feeling lonely or depressed, playing sappy love songs keep me in that melancholy mood that I want to be it. Its kind of a self-torture that I inflict upon myself. This really is a sweet, loving song.

7) I’m Good – Blaque
Another girl power song about being good without a man in their lives. I think more women artists need songs like this to show women out there that a man doesn’t complete their lives, and that they are just as fine without one.

6) Pump It – Black Eyed Peas
Great beat, great tempo, great workout song. This is the first song on my workout play list and always pumps me up for a strong session.

5) Dear Goodbye – JC Chasez
Wow, he’s on here a third time! This song is about saying goodbye to a boyfriend and knowing that sometimes its better to just walk away than try to be together even if you still love that person. No one’s really to blame, you two just weren’t meant to be.

4) Bootylicious – Destiny’s Child
I don’t think you’re ready for this jelly!’ may be one of the best lines in all of music history. Another booty shaking song that I can dance silly to.

3) Bringin Da Noise – NSYNC
OMG, why is this song so high up my list? It’s freaking number 3 and again, not one of my favorites. No explanation.

2) Gone – NSYNC
I sure do like NSYNC. This truly deserves to be this high. JT looks so freaking hot in this video and sings this song all by his lonesome. You just knew he was ready to be solo when he performed this.

1) I’m A Slave For You – Britney Spears
My all-time favorite Britney song. She looked fantabolous in this video. Where did she go? I miss this Britney. She needs to come back.

And that’s my top 25. A few notes here:

- I have not updated my iTunes in ages hence no recent songs on here like SexyBack or Lost Without you – Robin Thicke

- My play list reads like it’s coming from an 11 year old. I really need better taste in music.

- I really need better taste in music

- And once more with feeling, I really need better taste in music.

No comments: