Sunday, January 14, 2007

Yummy in my Tummy

This was Restaurant Week in good old DC and my friends and I got to partake in it. DC does Restaurant Week twice a year, once in the winter and once in the summer. It’s a great idea and a great way for restaurants to draw in new business. During that week, restaurants offer a set 3-course menu for lunch ($20) and dinner ($30). It’s an excellent way to sample the menu at cheaper prices.

I did this last year with Kiah and we tried Oceanaire Seafood Room, which was absolutely delicious. Last night I went with 4 beautiful ladies and had an awesome time. We went to Café Atlantico, which serves Latin American cuisine. It was so freaking good. For my appetizer I had shrimp with spanish cheese dripped with sauce (kinda wish I remembered the actual names of the dishes), the main course consisted of red snapper in a light wine sauce, and desert was this mouth-watering chocolate bundt cake that oozed out warm chocolate sauce. To die for!

It was a really fun night except for the weird guy who kept gawking at us. So strange. Nice bottle of wine, fantastic conversation, and 3 really good friends. Couldn’t have been a better evening. Afterwards we tried to go out in DC, but did not want to pay cover anywhere, so we went to the standard Union Jack’s in Bethesda. It always amazes me how crowded that place gets. Last night was not any different.

I sorta kept up with my New Year’s Theme. Usually when I go out with my friends, it honestly isn’t to go guy hunting, but to have a good time with all the people that I’m with. Normally if a guy comes up to me, I’m pretty rude and can’t be bothered to talk to him. So this guy starts talking to me and instead of blowing him off, I actually talked back for a bit. It’s only because he actually talked to me instead of trying to grab me or pull me into him for a dance. We chatted for a bit, nothing really came out of it, but I didn’t blow him off like I normally would do and tried something new. He was nice and that was cool. My friends were so proud of me. Yay me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Girls' Night Out! I had a blast! We'll have to do it again for the summer restaurant week. And boo for that kid being from Bowie! haha