Sunday, January 07, 2007

My New Year's Theme

Now that it’s the New Year, everyone is talking about New Year’s resolutions and what they hope to accomplish or keep up with throughout the year. I used to make New Year’s resolutions, but never really stuck with them, so eventually gave up on them. I always did typical ones like go to the gym more, eat healthier, get good grades, shit like that. But I never put my heart into it and by the end of January I was done with them.

This year I am doing something a little bit different. Instead of New Year’s resolutions, I am going to have a theme. I stole this great idea from Diner Girl, check her out, she’s hilarious. So my theme for 2007 is to be open to new things. Sounds simple, but for me is huge. I hate change and while I complain about things being monotonous I like being on a schedule to the point where I’m anal retentive about my schedule. I tend to automatically say no to trying or pursuing new things, which really closes me off from experiencing new things or opportunities. I have definitely gotten too comfortable in my lifestyle and its good to shake things up a bit.

And I know that I’m terrified of change to the point where I won’t embrace it and I feel that it halts me in situations. I don’t want my insecurities or fears to keep me from some wonderful experiences where I can learn more about myself and allow myself to grow as a person. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Another goal that I would like to accomplish this year is to buy property. I really hope that I can get my finances together and buy my own place. I’m ready to be a homeowner and am already spending an alarming amount on rent. I might as well make my rent my mortgage payments. So hopefully this will be the year. I really do have a good feeling about this year. I’m ready for a change.

No comments: