Saturday, December 16, 2006

Kitty Play Date


The other night Rachel and I decided to have a kitty play date. We wanted to see if my cat Weasley and her cat Neo would get along. I was very excited for this adventure and Weasley had finally gotten over his cold, so in his kitty crate he went and off to Rachel’s house we go.


BTW, my co-workers teased me incredibly for having a kitty play date. My one co-worker asked if this was a date with a boy, and I responded that Rachel’s boyfriend would be there, so does that count? She just shook her head and said I needed to get out more. Hahaha, if she only knew.



We get there and I let Weasley out and poor Neo just freaks out. He puffs himself up to make himself look bigger and Weasley is whatevs about Neo and just walks around scanning his new surroundings. Weasley could care less that there is another cat in the room with him, and Neo runs under the bed to hide. Pussy.



Instead, Weasley is taking in everything. He goes under the bed at one point to hang out with Neo, gets bored with him, and continues to walk around. Weasley discovers catnip is in the scratch box and proceeds to get high as shit on the box. So freaking hilarious. My poor guy is high as a kite and passed out on the box.



So the cats didn’t exactly get along. I guess they aren’t like dogs where they will play with one another. At least there was no fighting and towards the end of the night, Neo relaxed a little bit around my kitty. He actually came out from under the bed and sorta followed Weasley around with his eyes and made sure Weasley wasn’t trying to take over his casa. The next time they hang out maybe they will have more of some interaction. Weasley had a good time so that made me happy. Next time we are going to switch it up and try it and my place.

No comments: