Sunday, December 10, 2006

Holiday Fun

This past Friday was my company’s Holiday Party. It was held at the Clarendon Ballroom in Arlington, VA. My company goes pretty all out for their parties. I was actually really excited for this party. Since I’ve been there since June, I’ve only really gotten to interact with my immediate department, so this was a great opportunity to mingle with the other 600 people who work in my corporate office.

It was open bar with a shitload of food. They even had a mashed potato bar, which is the new thing in catering right now. Once I found out about that, I got even more excited. I love food! There was also a sushi bar, Hot Dog Cart, Mini Chinese To-Go Boxes, Soup Sips, Cheese and Chocolate Display, Soft Taco Station, and Dessert. But alas, I did not get to enjoy any of the food.

As soon as we got there, my friend Minnie and I hit up the bar. And boy did we hit it up. We got there late, so we needed to catch up with all the other drunk people that were out there. And once I found out that top shelf liquor was available through the open bar that was it for me. From there on out I was drinking gray goose and sprite. At one point I think I was double fisting. So bad. And then towards the end of the night my co-workers egged me to take a shot with them. I was so drunk. And all I had to eat was two finger food appetizers. By the time I went to the mashed potato bar it was all done. So upset cause I was so looking forward to it.

And of course I did the biggest sin that night and drunk dialed a certain someone. And of course that certain someone picked up his phone. Aww geez is all I have to say. Stoopid alcohol. At least I didn’t throw up at all that night! But I woke up the next day hungover as shit, regretting what I did. Le sigh. I love open bar and holiday parties.

Here are some pics from that night. Of course I only took like 4 since I was drunk and forgot to bring my camera out towards the end of the night.

Keila and I

Lena and I

Me and Melissa

Minnie and I

No comments: