Monday, October 02, 2006

My New Car!


This weekend I got myself a new baby. Yes, that’s right folks. I have found something that I love more than my Bear. Hell, I found something that I love more than myself! I just bought myself a brand new 2006 Acura TSX!!! I’m absolutely in love with her. She is ice blue and has that new car smell that I love. Her interior is this gorgeous smoky gray. Not only does she come with XM Satellite radio, but she also has a Navigation system that I can talk to! I can even have it talk to me in a male or female voice depending on my choice. Not only does she have heated seats, but also dual temperature control, where the passenger can control their side of the car if they don’t agree with how I have it set. This car is amazing, and I’m in love.

As I wrote earlier, my Ethel was on her last legs. She needed a new clutch and had a host of other problems, and it just wasn’t worth it to invest anymore money into her. So I began the chore of test-driving vehicles. I first started off at the Honda dealership. I was going to appease my Father and test drive the new Civic, all the while knowing that I would never get that and really wanted the new Accord. And I have to say the Civic handled well, but it wasn’t really what I was looking for nor what I really wanted. And the Honda Accord handled superbly. That was settled for me. I was going to get the Honda Accord.


But in the back of my mind, I really wanted the Acura. I came to terms that at this point in my life I cannot afford the TL, and I really didn’t need that nice of a car. But I thought, why not try the TSX. So I went to my local dealer to test-drive the TSX, and it was love at first sight. It’s a little smaller than the Accord, but handles 10x better. It still has that sporty car feel, but also the luxury of a mid-size sedan. And the car comes fully loaded with features that are standard on it (except for the Navigation) while on other vehicles you’d have to pay extra. After that test-drive I knew I wanted that car. Now it was only a matter of convincing my Father.

I know, I’m 26 and a grown ass adult. But to my Father, I am still his little girl, and he thought the Civic was more suited for me. He was putting money for the down payment. But I interject that this was money owed to me that I had never collected on. I had to remind my Father that I am a grown woman and that in the end I would be the one making the monthly payments and would be driving the car so really it should be my choice in the end. So I did the pre-emptive strive and started e-mailing different dealerships to get their costs. And from there I negotiated the price I wanted. My Dad started to do more and more research on my car, and he finally admitted that he liked it and thought it was a good automobile.

So this weekend we went out and bought my new car. I am so excited. This is my first major purchase. This is my first car in my own name. It is tremendously exciting for me. Now I just need to think of a name for her. I’m all open for suggestions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Maybeline?

KJ said...

Oooohhh preetttyy! Congrats Kim! That's awesome. How about Truvy for a name? Or Gladys? ha ha ha... ooohhh... or Charlotte.... no... I like Gladys better...