Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Dinner Time

I actually cooked dinner last night! I made chicken parmigiana with a combo of angel hair pasta and fettuccine or was that linguine? But is it really considered cooking when everything I made was already pre-cooked? I brought pre-cooked breaded chicken and figured I could probably do something with them. The brilliant idea of chicken parmigiana came into my head and since I was having a friend over for dinner, I thought why not.

All I had to do was stick the chicken in the oven. It cooked for 15 minutes and then I added cheese on top and viola, dinner was served. I warmed up some spaghetti sauce and warmed up some dinner rolls (some of them burned). It turned out to be a pretty decent meal. So I didn’t actually make anything from scratch – at least I made some dinner. I think the last time I attempted to make a meal was about a month and a half ago. I’m going to try and cook at least once a week. I need to put my cooking classes to good use.