Thursday, September 28, 2006

Yay For the End of the Quarter!

Sorry I have been neglecting my three readers. Its been a busy week and by the time I get home to sit and write, I am pooped. I haven’t even gone to the gym since last week, and I’m trying desperately to win a bet to lose some weight. And my goal to cook once a week hasn’t happened either. I already sensed on Monday that I was going to be too tired and lazy to cook, so when I hit the grocery store, I bought a week worth of Celeste Pizza’s – Zesty Four Cheese (Thanks Rachel, you inspired me!)

It’s the end of the quarter at work, which is our crunch time to get all of our renewals in. At the beginning of this month, I was at 36% renewed, which is horrendous. Through some crafty phone skills and pleading and begging with my clients I was able to jump to 73% by the middle of last week. And after that stroke of luck I am now at 91%. Not bad for this being the first time I’m ever doing this. Since I surpassed my goal of 90%, I am rewarding myself with a nice massage. Hell, I was going to reward myself with that anyways once the quarter was over, but this just makes it extra special.

So sorry to my three readers for neglecting you this week. I know some of you depend on me for a little bit of entertainment to get you through your day. And can I just say that I’m going to miss Ms. Rachel while she is vacation in Africa for 10 whole days! Who am I going to g-mail chat with for two weeks? Kiah, that means you need to sign on more often and amuse me. Does that mean I’m going to actually have to do work in the next couple of weeks? I shudder to think of that. I will strive to survive, but it’s going to be a long 10 days without my pal. Have fun in Africa Rachel. Take lots of pictures of lions and elephants for me. Try not to get malaria.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha thanks dear! I will try my best not to come back with malaria. Keep in mind I'm vaccinated against pretty much everything, so I think I'm good to go! I'll miss you too, no gmail chat, sad...