Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Poor Gus Fiona

I feel as if I have been running into a bit of bad luck lately. I’m not sure what karma god I have pissed off, but I need to figure out how to make amends because man the hits keep on coming!

My yesterday started off as usual. I woke up 30 minutes before my alarm went off and since I haven’t been sleeping well decided that I needed another 45 minutes of sleep. So what has become a bad habit, I reset my alarm and got the extra sleep that I so desperately needed.

After getting dressed, I open up my blinds to let the morning sunshine in, and I notice a big pick-up truck with a hitch attached that is carrying another car. The pick-up truck is backing the hitch into a spot and I think, looks like I’m getting a new neighbor above me. After several attempts the hitch and attached car in a spot while the truck itself is jutting out in the middle of the parking lot.

As I leave my apartment and lock my door, the main door to my apartment is being held propped open with a box. I pass a guy in the hallway as I make my way to my car. I’m running late since I decided to sleep in, so I just throw all my shit into my car and get behind the wheel.

I put the key in the ignition, put the car in reverse and back up like I normally do, forgetting that the front of the truck is in the middle of the lot. I’m almost out of my spot when I hear a CRUNCH, and all I can think is FUCK ME. I just backed into my neighbor’s fucking parked car, and I didn’t even look behind me when I was backing up.

Gus Fiona with her smushed rear

Soooo fucking pissed at myself. This is so not what I need right now. And I’m sure this isn’t what my new neighbor needs on their first day in the community. I apologize profusely and my new neighbor was very nice and sweet about it. Her father, whose car I hit, wasn’t so nice, which he has every right I suppose, but geez, you don’t have to be a complete dickhead about it (his car is brand new).

A close-up of her smushed bum

My car suffered the brunt of the damage with my rear passenger side bumper pushed back in. She’s looks like she drank a little too much at prom and fell face first into a doorknob. She looks a bit sad and is embarrassed to show off her rear end now.

The victim's car. Notice the small dent compared to my crunched bottom.

I feel like I'm having a Sliding Doors moment. If only I had just gotten up on time instead of sleeping in, I could have avoided this accident entirely. They arrived ten minutes prior to my leaving for work. If I had left on time, I never would have encountered them. A part of me is wondering how my day would have turned out if I had done that. Oh well.

Gus Fiona (that’s her name BTW) was so close to making it to her first birthday unscathed. I swear my family has a curse with new cars. So now I need to get her fixed, which will come very close to my $500 deductible and my insurance will pay for his damages (a dent and some scratches). I do not have the money for this right now. I guess its back to dancing on a pole on the weekends. Le sigh.

No comments: