Saturday, September 08, 2007

A Quiet Night In vs Party Like a RockStar

After the last three weekends of partying my ass off, I just need a weekend to relax, unwind and detox my body from all the alcohol and fatty foods that I have been feeding it.


Kiah, me, Jessie
I must admit I’ve had a blast these last few weekends. Its been awhile since I’ve let loose and drank and danced the night into the wee hours of the morning. I felt like I was back in college or my early days at working in promotions at the radio station. I forgot how much fun DC can be and that there is tons of night spots to hit up.

Larry, me
Mentally, I sometimes feel like I’m a lot older than I really am. So it was good to go out and remind myself that I am a young, vivacious, fun, bee-yoo-ti-ful, twenty-something and that I can still drop it like its hot with the best of them. There is nothing better than being on the dance floor, hearing the beat of your favorite song, swaying your hips, arms swinging in the air, lost in the moment. It’s even better when you’re with a group of your favorite people, laughing and enjoying each other’s company.

some guy, me
But I also love nights like this where I have nothing planned and can sit back and loosen up. Maybe I’ll chill in front of the TV or lay in bed reading my book. Or perhaps I’ll do some baking or spend some quality time with the Weasley. Maybe if I'm feeling adventerous, I'll get to do a bit of everything and actually go to bed early!

Either way its nice to have those fun filled crazy nights where I don't get home till 5am and nights like these where I can de-stress from the week and get some much needed me time.

No comments: