Sunday, September 23, 2007

What a Pussy!

Somehow I got suckered into cat sitting for a friend of mine. She is in medical school along with Best Friend Ever, and her current rotation is in Hawaii (lucky bitch). So she asked if I wouldn’t mind taking care of her cat, Jean Pierre, aka JP, aka Peepers. Me being the dumb ass that I am said that I would love to and was all excited for Weasley to have a new playmate.

Jean Pierre, aka JP, aka Peepers

Man, am I stupid. Peepers is the exact opposite of Weasley. While Weasley is sweet and loving, Peepers is the devil incarnate. The first few days that he was here Peepers hissed and tried to scratch me and at nights he would walk around the apartment meowing and whining. And when I would go comfort him, he’d again hiss at me.

Not only is he mean spirited, but he’s also fat and lazy. This fucker weighs 20lbs! He’s twice the size of Weasley and makes Weasley look like a cute, little, dainty kitten next to his monstrous size. He sure likes his eats.

An aerial view of his fatness

I have never once seen JP clean himself. Weasley is constantly licking himself and making sure his fur is nice and soft. The first time Jean Pierre allowed me to pet him his hair was so nappy and sticky. It was gross. I tried to brush him, and of course the hissing starts. And he sheds like a bitch too.

For the most part the boys get along. They like to chase each other around the place, but one night it ended in a fight. Peepers has lived with dogs before so he plays rough and is more aggressive than my little guy. His nails are also killer sharp daggers. I think the boys were running around, and Peepers swatted at Weasley. The Wease must’ve swatted back, and all of the sudden I hear screeching and poor Weasley is pinned under JP. I hit Peepers with a book, but he continues to chase Wease around the place. The Weasley was ok, more shaken up than anything, but I did find a few scratches on his face.

The boys kissing and making up

I was about ready to drop stupid Peepers off at his own place, but the animal lover in me felt bad because I knew he’d be by himself with only someone checking in on him every other day. So I’ve decided to give this fat guy another chance, but if he fights with Weasley again he’s outta here. I did get his nails trimmed this weekend so if they do play again, he won’t be able to hurt anyone.

Cat in a box, Weasley's new hiding place

I’m stuck with Peepers until the end of October and it cannot get here soon enough for me. Having him here has confirmed my decision to remain a one-cat-woman. No crazy cat lady for me. Thank god.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy Peepers! I hope he doesn't need his nails trimmed again while he lives with you haha oh the cat muzzle, gotta love it!
~Rach

KJ said...

ha ha ha... I love that you hit him with a book! That's hilarious.