Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Constipated Little Man

My poor little guy has been sick the past few days. Weasley started puking on Tuesday. I came home to find a nice lovely pile right by my black pumps, with a splash of puke on the heel. I thought to myself, “You’re lucky your cute, Wease.” No biggie, I cleaned it up and didn’t think much of it.

Wednesday night rolls around and I find another mound of puke. It was nice and wet, so I knew it had to be recent and that I didn’t miss it from the night before. Again, didn’t think much of it, and went about my nightly business.

This morning, Weasley is waiting patiently at the sink for his first drink of water (the little fucker refuses to drink from the cat fountain I bought him). I turn the faucet on, and he begins to drink the water. I head back to my room to finish getting dressed when I hear this awful hacking sound. I run back to the kitchen, and Weasley has just puked in the sink. He hasn’t even eaten breakfast yet. Now, I’m starting to worry.

I call the Vet and get Weasley an appointment for that morning. I leave work to head home (stupid me, should’ve just called before I went to work, so that I wouldn’t have to commute all the way down to work). The Vet decides to keep Weasley and run some blood work and take some x-rays.

Turns out the poor little guy has a backlog of really hard stool trapped in his big intestine, which I guess is causing him to feel sick and puke. He must have a lot of shit stuck in there cause he’s still been pooping every night.

The Wease received an enema and was sent home with some fiber pills and some high in fiber cans of food. The blood work should come back tomorrow, so hopefully nothing else is wrong with him. He also came out with a quite expensive bill. Now he really needs to start earning his keep! And there goes my vacation for Q3.

He’s a bit out of it right now, but hopefully he’ll be back to his playful self by tomorrow. Poor kiddo, being constipated is just no fun.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Ewww... a cat enema??? Gross. You should get pet health insurance... it might save you a lot of money...

Anonymous said...

omg lol...poor Weasley but that really did make me laugh lol