Sunday, June 17, 2007

"I'm going to suprise all my friends tonight! How, by being sober? Yes!"

I have seriously been slacking here. I actually still wish I were on vacation. I came back from South Beach on Sunday, and shit hit the fan. I have been dealing with the fall out since then and have been too drained to even think about blogging. Since its not my drama that has been unfolding, its not my story to tell.

Enough of the melodramatic. Miami was so much fun! It was so good to hang out with Shama. I miss that girl with all her craziness and my life is a bit dull without her in it on a regular basis. She always knows how to have a good time and is always the life of the party. It was awesome having Jessie come down too. Even though she lives in Virginia, we hardly get a chance to hang out. The three former “Hotties” got to relive their Hot 99.5 promotion days of clubbing and drinking.

The first night I got there, Shama took me to Espanola Way, which is this cute little street full of Spanish inspired restaurants and shops. It does not feel like you’re in South Beach at all. It’s more laid back and chill than overcrowded Ocean Drive. It’s the perfect atmosphere to drink mojito’s, dine on delicious tapas, and catch up on the past six months.

The next day Jessie flew in and we got our party on at Mansion. Can I just say that I’ve outgrown the club scene. While Shama and Jessie were having a good time, I was just over the whole affair. I hate being in a crowded club, where people keep pushing and shoving you just to walk by you. I hate having to scream to talk to the person next to you. I’m getting old. But I did hang in there with the youngin’s and stayed out till 5am!

The next day we hung out by the pool all day. Shama’s place is amazing. Its called “resort-style” living. Her pool in freaking fantabolus. There are two pools: one with a tiki bar and the other is huge infinity pool with sweet lounge chairs surrounding it. We ended up hanging out at the tiki one, laying on the sandy beach area. The pool overlooks the bay, and it is just beautiful.

Later on that evening, Shama had her birthday party at The National Hotel’s pool bar. A bunch of her record rep and radio friends came out for it. It was a perfect night for it. We hung out on the lounges and then hit up this place called Satay (or something like that). This place was sweet. It was outside and had this gorgeous water pond with cushy benches surrounding the water. Man, clubs in South Beach blow away clubs in DC. It was very zen-like.

Jessie, Sima (Shama’s cousin) and I could not hang with Shama that night. We ended up leaving her at around 3am and headed back to her place to crash. Ms. Shama did not come home that night and Jessie and I were leaving early Sunday morning to head back to DC. We were about to cab it to the airport when Shama calls us and tells us she’s ten minutes away and would be there to take us. Le sigh, so typical of Shama. At least she celebrated her 25th b-day in style.

Miami was awesome and I’m glad I finally got down there to see her. Shama has become one of my closest friends and I miss her immensely. And its so much fun when Jessie, Shama and I all hang out. They are my crazy party girls and I do miss those days even though I can’t hang like I used to. It was a much-needed vacation from work and life. I got tons of sun and felt so refreshed and relaxed when I stepped off the plane.

No comments: