Monday, March 05, 2007

World Traveler

My old co-worker, Dave, quit his job, and is now traveling around the world. If I knew him better, I would say that he's experiencing his mid-quarter life crisis, but doing a much better job than I did. I used to have such a crush on him. And I always got all awkward and stoopid around him. Here's a sample of a could be conversation between us while on the elevator:

Me: Man, the weather sure is crazy right now.
Dave: Umm, yeah, sure.
Me: Cause its all hot and warm and stuff.
Dave: Well we are having a heat wave and its the middle of the summer
Me: Yeah, I know. Crraaazzy.
Dave: Right.

And then all conversation cease and I am standing there twidling my thumbs. Actually that could have been a real conversation between us because that is how tongue-tied I would get around him.

Back to my original point. So Dave has quit his job and is traveling the world. He plans to visit all 7 continent and as many countries as possible. How sick is that? He is recounting all his travels in his blog. I am totally addicted to it and living vicariously through him. He just recently visited Antartica and got to hang out with penguins! I so wish I had done this when I quit my job. Read his blog Dave Ford Does Earth and join in the experience.

No comments: