Wednesday, March 14, 2007

California Pt 1

I'm going to post my California trip in sections since I really want to capture my experience but am too lazy to sit down and write it all at once. I blame ADD for that. So enjoy.

I wish I were still on vacation. Visiting California was exactly what I needed. It was nice to get away and spend time with my brother and his fiancé, Ad, and her family. I only checked my work e-mail twice (unfortunately I have to, I get around 35-45 e-mails in any given day. Crazy!) I went there to unwind and just enjoy myself, which I did. All my co-workers commented on how relaxed and refreshed I looked. The weather was absolutely perfect and overall I had an amazing time.

Its been over a year since I’ve seen my brother. He hates coming to the East Coast during the winter cause its so cold and hates coming here in the summer cause its so hot. So he rarely visits, and I haven’t been there in about 4 years. So it was high time I went out there.

There is an 8-year gap between my brother and I. He went to college when I was just 11 and hasn’t returned home since. Basically I grew up as an only child and most people forget that I have a brother. I idolized him when I was growing up. Everything he did, I wanted to do, everything he had, I wanted. I think I drove him a bit nuts growing up, and I know I was a pain in his ass. We weren’t that close growing up. But now that we’re older, I think we have come to appreciate one another. It’s a nice relationship.

The first day I got there we just chillaxed. We took his dogs out for a hike in the canyons. They are so effing cute! I also met my brother’s step-grandson. A little back-story here. My brother’s fiancĂ© is 12 years older than he is (they were the original Demi and Ashton) and she has two kids. Her daughter is my age and her son is two years younger than me. Well her son, Paul, and his girlfriend Nong, and their 6-month-old baby are currently living with Bogey and Ad. What makes this story even better is that Paul kept this from Ad until his girlfriend was about to pop the baby out. Bogey said he saw her once during the beginning stages of her pregnancy and just thought she was getting fat. That’s so typical of my brother.

Anyhoo, so I played with the baby, Mai, for half a second. I held him for a bit, but once he started to get fussy, I was like; ok I’m done with you, where can I drop you off? I’m just not a big fan of babies. They make a lot of noise and smell funny. Except Mai doesn’t really cry so that’s a plus for him. He is a cute baby, but he doesn’t just want to sit in your lap like Weasley, so I got bored of holding him after awhile cause he kept squirming. Man, I’m glad I don’t have a kid right now. I have no patience for such things.

I'll post the next parts later on this week and hope to also upload my pics too. I'm still on West Coast time, but need to try and get some sleep so that I can get some work done instead of obsessing over my bracket and who I should pick. Man, I have no idea who I want in my Final Four. Grrr.

2 comments:

KJ said...

woo... bracket time! UNC should definitely be in your Final Four! ;-)

Kim's World said...

Hahaha, sorry kiddo, I'm going with G-Town. But it doesn't really matter cause I'm not in any brackets, so no money lost, no money gained either.