Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Weekend Getaway

This weekend Best Friend Ever and I went on a road trip down to Wilmington, NC. She was visiting her boyfriend Ken, and I decided to tag along and be the third wheel. Actually I wasn’t a third wheel cause Ken’s roommate, Derrick, and Ken’s friend, Torrin, was also there. So instead of a threesome we had a huge orgy! Good times!

Getting away for the weekend was exactly what I needed. I took off Friday and Monday, so it was a nice little break from work. And the drive down there wasn’t bad at all. We only hit traffic within the DC area, but once outside, it was smooth sailing.

All weekend all we did was eat, drink and sleep. I ate way too much food this weekend. And man, did we kill some bottles of wine. We drank at least two bottles a night and then some. We only made it out once to downtown Wilmington at night. It’s a typical small college town. There is a main drag of bars and drunk kids hopping from place to place. A lot of Marines also come to party in Wilmington with Camp Lejune being so close. (Ken is currently a Navy Doctor at Camp Lejune and will most likely deploy to Iraq within a year as a Flight Surgeon.) Man, I felt so old being surrounded by college kids. They have so much energy. Us old folks ended up leaving the bar around 12:30ish. We just couldn’t hang, and Derrick was wasted anyways, so it was time to hit the road.

I did get to ride on the back of Derrick’s motorcycle on Sunday, and that was so much fun. I haven’t ridden on one since high school. We didn’t go very far since it was really windy out, but it felt great to be on the back of one. It was such a rush, and I so want a bike now. It felt great to feel the wind as we picked up speed; I wanted to put my hands out like I was flying, but figured that probably wouldn’t be too safe. Such an andreline rush. Now I know why all guys want motorcycles.

It was such a fun weekend, and I plan on going back when it gets warmer and chill by the beach all day. I told Ken and Derrick that I was coming back with or without BFE. I told the boys to keep the spare room for me cause I will be back.

When I eventually upload my pictures and get the pics from Ken and Derrick, I’ll post a few from the weekend.

No comments: