Friday, October 26, 2007

My New Home Pt 2 ...

Sorry, but I won’t be posting for the next week or so. I won’t have internet connection starting sometime tomorrow and will only be able to post maybe if I get a chance at work. I think I should be safe sharing my news.

I finally found myself a new home and will be closing this Monday! After my last experience of finding a new place and then losing it, I wanted to wait until everything was in the clear before I wrote about it. Seeing as it’s Friday, and I’m two days away from settlement, I hope I’m not kicking myself in the ass by writing about it.

My realtor, Wendy, was awesome and made this experience really enjoyable. As I’ve mentioned before, I was really hesitant about the whole home buying process after what happened to me, and Wendy understood my concerns and fears and really worked with me. She did an excellent job of listening to what I wanted in a home and helping me find it. I’m really glad I worked with her, and if anyone’s in need of a realtor, let me know.

I will be remaining in Rockville and moving into this cute community where I actually know a bunch of people. Its in a prime location with access to the Beltway and I-270, and I’m less than a mile from a metro stop. It’s a two-level condo with a half-bath on the main level. This community attracts a lot of people around my age and my one friend is already calling it the new Melrose Place.

It hasn’t really hit me that I’ll be closing on Monday. I don’t think I’ll really believe it until it actually happens. If everything goes according to plan, I will settle on Monday and then move on Thursday. Again my apartment is in shambles because I’m in the process of packing. I have been packing two boxes every night, and I’m still not any closer to finishing. Seriously, how much crap do I have? It’s a bit out of control.

So the next time I post, it should be from my new home! See ya then!

No comments: