Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"This Love Has Taken its Hold on Me ..."

I heart Adam Levine and last night I got to see him in concert. Originally I had gotten a ticket through work, but they only gave me one and I heard that all the top executives would be going. Didn’t sound so much like a fun time to me. I really don’t know too many people outside of my immediate department, so the though of hanging out in a suite with all the executives was a bit daunting.



I e-mailed someone that I know who actually works at the Verizon Center to see if he could get me some tickets. This person is shady and I was expecting him to proposition me again in exchange for tickets. There were hints of a proposition and I flat out refused anything, so was pleasantly surprised when he said he had two suite tickets for me. Score!

Me and Jessie

My friend Jessie was the lucky winner who accompanied me to the Maroon 5 concert. Overall the concert was fun, but I have to admit I got bored. I love their first album Songs About Jane and can sing along to every song. Their newest album It Won’t be Soon Before Long is good, but I don’t heart it as much as the first one. Although, I will admit, Makes Me Wonder is my ring tone.



They were on stage for about an hour and a half and played a bunch of songs from the new and old album, including my favorite song Shiver. Their stage show is kinda boring, and I spent more time looking at this girl in the next box over. I couldn’t tell if she was drunk or just had no rhythm, but Maroon 5 would be playing a slow song and she would be flaying her body to her own internal beat. It was quite distracting and the guy next to me noticed as well and took a picture of her. Poor thing.

Me and Jessie again

Adam Levine is a dreamy as ever and can play decent guitar. He did a little jam session for an encore and I just wanted to throw my panties on stage. He’s got this really great metro-sexual dorky appeal that I love. I also love how obsessive and moody he can be in his songs. They strike a chord within me.



I bet if they stuck with smaller venues such as 9:30 Club, their show would be a lot better. I can’t complain though, I got to go for free.

No comments: