Sunday, July 29, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Wow, I just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and it was amazing! J.K. Rowling did an excellent job bringing this series to a close. She was able to incorporate scenes and memories from the first six books, which was an outstanding way to bring this book full circle.

I don’t want to give too much away for the people who have not yet read or finished this book. Deathly Hallows is the darkest and most violent book in the series. Be prepared for characters to die. And even with the darker theme, Rowling was still able to infuse some light, fun moments and it wasn’t all depressing and scary.

I am extremely pleased with this book. All loose ends were tied up and I feel the majority of my questions were answered. There were moments where I was racked with sobs and moments that had me laughing out loud. Rowling is so good with sucking you into the story and painting such a vivid picture with her words.

And now I am going to read the series from start to finish to relive the magic and to see where she sets up her different plot arcs. (I’m such a nerd).

For those of you who have never read Harry Potter, I strongly recommend you give it a shot. Pick up the first book and see where it takes you. You might be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: