Sunday, November 05, 2006

Crazy Cat Lady Begins


It is official! I am the proud owner of a cat. I am now Crazy Cat Lady! This past Thursday, I was able to bring home my new dependent, Weasley. I named him after the Weasley Family from Harry Potter, since he’s a redhead. I wanted him to have a name from literature.


I’m not really a cat person. I’ve always grown up with dogs all my life, and generally speaking I don’t really like cats. But ever since I’ve been living by myself I have wanted a pet, and my apartment doesn’t allow us to have dogs, and I really can’t devote the time and energy into taking care of a dog, so I figured the next best thing would be a cat. So I went to my local Humane Society and found the sweetest kitty there.


The minute Weasley sat in my lap, he just started to purr and was so content to be there. So I filled out an application for him and now he’s all mine. He’s such a love bug. Weasley follows me around the apartment like a dog, and loves nothing more than to just sit in my lap and sleep while I’m watching TV or typing on the computer. He also loves to sleep next to me at night and only wakes up once a night.

I love having a pet again. And I feel good about adopting a homeless animal from the shelter. Its just scary to think that I now have a dependent, I can barely take care of myself. So yes, the episodes of Crazy Cat Lady start now. It should be a good ride, and I think Weasley enjoys me, so we’re good to go. And I swear, I'm not going to go back and get like 20 more cats. Not yet anyways.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Aww... he's cutie. LOL... and of course you named him after a Harry Potter character.