Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Should I be Offended?

That after I pet and kiss Weasley, he immediately begins to clean any area of his body that I have just touched. He doesn't wait five minutes, he doesn't even wait three! The second my hand is off his body, his head is tilted back, tongue is out, and he obsessively starts licking away at any spot where my fingers have petted.

At first I took this as him being a very neat and clean cat. But then I began to notice that he does this every time after I cuddle him. Is my smell so offensive that my cat doesn't want the scent of me lingering on his body? I could understand if I just finished working out or sprayed perfume, but he does this after I shower as well. Well, now I just think its plain rude.

So to get him back, after he is finished doing a thorough cleaning job, I go back over and run my hands all over his fur. I mess it up real good too, by starting at the tail and working my fingers up, tousling his hair so that it looks like a mohawk. Weasley is livid and has this look of utter shock and outrage. He doesn't even wait for me to finish, and begins the obsessive licking all over again.

Revenge is sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone needs a hobby!

~Rach