Sunday, December 30, 2007

Did I Miss Christmas?

I promise I haven’t forgotten about this blog. Things have just been really hectic over in Kim’s World with work and the holiday season. Christmas crept up on me and then was over and done with it before I even got to enjoy it. I was back to work the next day with my nose on the grind and I still have to work tomorrow to close out the quarter. I barely have time to catch my breath here.

Even as I sit here trying to gather my thoughts, I have a mental list in my head running over all the other million and one things I still need to get done.

Things should slow down for me once the New Year hits. I still can’t believe Christmas has come and gone. I wasn’t so much of a humbug this year and tried to embrace the holiday spirit. Instead of bitching and complaining about Christmas, I just kept my mouth shut. I don’t think I really got excited, but I didn’t whine either. And for me that’s a huge step in the right direction.

Maybe if work weren’t so crazy I would’ve enjoyed it more. Or at least had time to appreciate the fact that Christmas was actually here.

I did spend the holidays with my family and it was low key and perfect. I brought the Weasley over and his grandparents spoiled him rotten. I even got them calling him their Grandcat (Sadly, I don’t think my parents expect much from me in that department and my Mother regularly calls me a spinster or old maid.) We opened presents, had a nice dinner and just enjoyed each other’s company. It was a great Christmas.

I should be posting my Year in Review and Reflections blog soon, and by soon I mean sometime this week.

Happy New Year!

No comments: