Sunday, December 02, 2007

I am America (and so Can You!)

If you’re a fan of The Colbert Report, than you’ll love I am America (and so Can You!) by Stephen Colbert. The book is an extension of his thoughts in print form and it is freaking hilarious.

When I first started watching The Colbert Report, I thought Stephen was egotistically, pompous, rude, annoying, and clearly narrow-minded. But the more and more I watched it and realized that’s exactly what the show is all about, I was hooked.

Colbert talks about what makes America great and what is currently ruining America. He hits upon subjects such as family, the media, religion, sex, dating, homosexuals, race, immigrants and so much more.

Every chapter is laugh out loud funny. He even adds little asides by having footnotes and margin notes that are hysterical. I like the book because it’s an uncensored version of Colbert that you just aren’t able to get on tv. He holds no bars and lets it all out – too funny.

No comments: