Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Hate Comcast! Pt 2

It has been close to a week and a half and I still don’t have cable. I hate to keep whining about the same thing over and over again (who am I kidding? I’m notorious for doing that), but I am extremely pissed off. This is just unacceptable to not have cable TV for this long. I have called them everyday and keep getting the run around.

After supposedly, allegedly it was to be fixed for the umpteenth time today, I lost it. I called demanding to speak to a manager over the ridiculousness of the situation and demanded retribution. After being transferred and put on hold, I finally spoke to someone who sounded halfway competent.
(Seriously, is it too much to ask for decent customer service this day? Another rant for another time because truly there is no such thing as customer service in the service industry anymore.)
Again, allegedly, supposedly someone is going to come out and check everything from inside my apartment to the outside line, and of course I have to waste more of my time by taking a half-day to wait for them. So fucking annoyed.

After having a long day at work, all I wanted to do was sit on my couch and spend my evening watching mindless TV. I just wanted to unwind and let go of the stresses of my day by losing myself in nonsense television. Call it escapism at its best. There are just days when I want to come home and see what messes Bart and Homer get into, play a few rounds of Jeopardy with Alex, catch up on some political news with Jon and Stephen, hang out with the gang at Central Perk, talk Carrie out of cheating on Adian with Big, and cry a few tears with Meredith over her awful hair and rejoice when Addison and Alex finally end up in bed (which I don’t think is going to happen anymore because of her dumb spin-off). There are days when going to the gym or reading a book just doesn’t cut it. I just want to get lost in nothing and forget about my forever-growing to-do-list at work and all the other emotional crap that I choose to suppress; spend a nice evening with the TV and me where I can ignore my life for a few hours. I don't think its too much to ask for.

If Comcast could just get their fucking act together and fix this shit then all would be well.

No comments: