Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Glad He's Not My Boss

The other day I am having a late night at work. My cube mate is the analyst for Asia-Pacific (APAC) and has conference calls every Tuesday. He puts the call on speaker and mutes it while he attends to other things. I'm half listening to the call and I hear one man say something about what the current numbers are. The APAC VP is a notorious asshole. He's very offensive and blunt and not a lot of people like him. I'm assuming he must run APAC well because he's been in that position for awhile.

So as I was saying, I'm half listening, gathering all my shit together so that I could go home for the day. Again, there are two men in the background arguing over revenue numbers. I hear the APAC VP spit out, "I'll accept that answer, for now." You could hear the venom in his voice. I stop what I'm doing, look over at my cube mate and ask, "Did he really just say that?" My cube mate glances up from what he's doing, nods and just smiles. Gotta love the unveiled threat.

No comments: