Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Paint by Numbers

Besides going to Vegas, I decided to take a week off from work. I was bound and determined to paint my room and figured it would probably take me that long to get it done. I knew I wanted something that would be relaxing and soothing, but I also wanted the colors to be modern and sleek.



I’m a huge fan of color and hate to see boring white walls. I’ve always loved the tranquil calming effects of blue, so that was the palette I knew I would work from. I originally wanted to work with a sky blue that would really brighten up the room, but couldn’t find the right shade of sky blue.



I had seen some darker blues that I really liked, but was afraid that if I painted my entire room with that color it would make it look really small and dark. So instead I decided to go with a dark bluish purple accent wall and have the rest be silvery gray. It turned out really nice and unfortunately the pictures don’t do it justice (you really can't see the pretty gray color)



And surprisingly it only took me two days to finish it. I also had help in the shape of my Dad, my cousin and her friend. I’m sure if I tried to tackle this project myself, my room still wouldn’t be finished. Now I just need to accessorize.

3 comments:

KJ said...

Look at you Miss HGTV! Looks great... I really like the accent wall.

2 things I love about the last picture: 1. The Weas is licking himself in naughty places and b. you still have rabbit ears on your tv. That's funny.

Kim's World said...

In my defense, I do not have cable in my room and only watch tv when i am getting dressed in the morning.

And in Weasley's defense, if you could lick yourself, wouldn't you do it all the time?

James said...

Love the blue! It looks like the color I used in my old apartment. PS, the next time you ladies hit Vegas, let me know...it's only a 4 hr drive for me!