Friday, February 29, 2008

My Favorite Subjet: Me!

Well my birthday had come and gone. I am officially 28 years of age. I think its crazy that I'm two years closer to 30 and I still feel like a little kid. Since its late and I'm too lazy to post any thoughts or reflections on getting older, I decided to make it more fun. Here are some random facts about me:

  • I was born an hour before leap year. I was a breached baby and not sure why they waited till the last minute to have a cesarean.
  • I was also born during a winter storm and no one came to visit my mother because of the snow. She sounds a bit bitter.
  • My parents originally named me Tara, but because of some Thai superstition that it is bad luck to have the first letter be the same as the day you were born on (I was born on a Thursday), they eventually changed it.
  • They did not change my name to Kimberly until I was three years old.
  • My middle name is Jean and for the longest time, I thought my parents named me after Levi Jeans. I would tell people, "My name is KimberLEE Jean, like your pants."
  • My Grandmother, to the horror of my Mother, used to let me drink coffee with milk. Its no wonder I'm only 5'1.
  • My first memory is playing in the snow and crying my eyes out because I thought I was sinking to the bottom of the earth. The snow was really soft that day.
  • I am the youngest child, but really consider myself an only child since eight years separate my brother and I.
  • My parents told me I was NOT an accident.
  • I have this thing about numbers and like things to be even and in a certain order. I hate when things are odd and I try to even it up.
  • I rotate my underwear and socks. I feel bad if I wear the same pair over and over again. I feel like the other pairs aren't getting enough usage.
  • I hate spiders or any bug that can jump.
  • Even though I used to have frogs as pets, I hate them too.
  • I used to have an imaginary friend named Cindy.
  • My favorite color is a bluish purple, a color that reminds me of a deep ocean or a dusk sky.
  • Even though I hate odd numbers, my favorite number is 3.
  • I believe in reincarnation and past lives.
  • I hate pickles. They taste and smell yucky.
  • My favorite Disney movie is Fantasia and Sleeping Beauty.
  • I believe in soul mates and love at first sight.
  • I don't have a favorite flower.
  • I still have no clue what I want to be when I grow up.
  • I think my hair is too poofy and not the right shade of black.
  • My favorite feature are my eyes.
  • I'm addicted to massages.
  • I love old lady style purses.
  • I believe that 28 will be a great year for me.

No comments: