Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Partying Ways Are Long Gone

My coworker has this impression of me that I’m some sort of wild child (mind you, she’s younger than me), and I think it’s the craziest thing in the world. I consider myself quite tame and boring. I like nothing better than a quiet night in and a nice bottle of wine with either a good book or movie. I’ll admit when I go out with my friends, we tear it up, but I only do that about once every two months or so.

But she insists that I’m crazy and wild and that she loves it (she was my roommate when my company had our conference in Vegas, so she has seen my party girl side). And I continue to protest that I’m not like that, and that if she saw me in my everyday life, she would realize how dull I am.

The girl that could go out clubbing until 5am and do it all over again the next night is now in retirement. I used to do happy hours every night after work, getting shit-faced and still be able to function the next day at work without a problem. But now after four drinks and one shot, I puke before I have to go to work and am completely hungover the entire day. Such a shame.

But for some reason my coworker thinks I’m still that girl. Even though she knows I spend most weekends at home on my couch, losing myself in mindless tv. What’s really funny is that out of the group of my friends, I consider myself to be the tamest. If she thinks I’m wild, she would be blown away by some of my girlfriends. These young kids these days just don’t know.

No comments: