Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Yesterday I felt inspired so I grabbed my camera and headed over to Brookside Gardens. This is my first time going there all year! I usually like to go in the spring when all the flowers are in full bloom, but now towards the end of July most of the flowers are starting to wilt. Yesterday was perfect weather though. It was hot, but not too humid and I spent a good solid two hours walking around and taking some great shots.

Here are some of my favorites from yesterday:


I love the rich blue of the flower and the softness it evokes and the hard line of the tree trunk behind it.


I've always been a fan of pics with roads or paths in them. It reminds me that there is always an open road to take.







I love the reflection of the clouds in the water.

I'm a linear person and I love clean lines.

This is by far one of my favorite shots. Everything just looks so peaceful and tranquil.

I love the vibrant red of this flower.

I love the splash of sunshine in this flower.



There was something so moving about seeing this hallowed out tree trunk just laying there in its glory.

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Nice shots, Kim!

I've only been there once, for a wedding 10 years ago.